Dear English-speaking reader,
Until you learn a bit of French (!), some of my researches have been translated.
French riots and the sociology of poor neighborhood :
- A general analysis on French riots of 2005 (2009) :
- Judicial processing of juveniles: the case of rioters "déférés" in november 2005 (2007) :
- Rap music and French society as viewed by youth of the "cités" (1999) :
Interpersonal Violence :
- Are we living in a more violent society? A Socio-Historical Analysis of Interpersonal Violence in France, 1970s–Present (2010) : click here.
- Rape cases brought to assizes courts : typology and geographical variations (2010).
- Homicide in France since the 1970s : statistical analysis and overall trends (2009) :
- Criminal investigations in homicide cases (2004) :
- Demographic and social characteristics of murderers and their victims (2004) :
- A Study of Murder : Perpetrators and victims (2002) : click here.
- Some Aspects of violence in social relations: deliberate assault and battery tried by a Paris area correctionnel court in the year 2000 (2006) : click here.
Juvenile delinquency :
- Juvenile delinquency: evolution and lessons for prevention (Cities for children. European city network. 2nd annual conference 6-7 may 2008, Stuttgart, p. 15-19) :
- A research on gang rape cases : judicial data and sociological analysis (2005),
- Questioning the "Parental Abdication" Theory. What Research Schows (2000) : click here.
French security policies :
- The “new management of security” put to the test: crime and police activity under Minister Sarkozy (2002-2007) (2009).
- The Security Mania. France 2010, Carceral Notebooks, 2009, n°5, Special Issue, édited by L. Mucchielli.
French history and actual debate on criminology :
- Criminology, hygienism and eugenics in France. The medical debate on the elimination of "incorrigible" criminals (1870-1914) (2006)
- The misfortunes of "criminology" in France. A specific history (1880-2009) : click here
History of sociology in France :
- Maurice Halbwachs's mémoire collective (2008) :
Publié le lundi, avril 13 2009 par Laurent MUCCHIELLI